Maintaining a commercial roof is tough. They already do not have as long of lifespans as sloped roofs due to their flat surfaces and often have to undergo much more stress than their suburban counterparts. Extreme temperature fluctuations, foot traffic, chemicals and more are constantly battering commercial roofs, wearing them down. That is why commercial roofing systems need to be tough for the years they are protecting their commercial buildings. To have your roof last as long as possible commercial roofing services in Lubbock, TX from the commercial roofing contractor at Direct Roofing Inc are highly recommended. Call us today at (512) 900-4655 to set up an appointment.
Commercial Roofing Services We Provide
There is more to a commercial roofing system that just the roof itself. Over time, it will need maintenance, repairs, and re-coatings. A professional commercial roofing contractor will offer you more than just the standard repair and installation package when claiming they can service your roof. That’s what the roofers here at Direct Roofing Inc do. We go above and beyond other commercial roofing companies to additionally provide services like emergency roof repair. That means we are available whenever you need us in an emergency situation to come and repair your roof.
- Commercial Roof Installation Our roofing contractors are able to install a variety of commercial roofing systems, from built up to modified bitumen to single ply and metal.
- Metal Roof Installation We can install commercial metal roofs in the forms of standing seam, corrugated metal, and steel.
- Single Ply Roofing Single ply roofs are extremely energy efficient, affordable, and lightweight. They also last 20 years or longer with the addition of a roof coating.
- Foam Roofing The white foam roofing is a great insulator and reflector, and is one of the best commercial roofing systems for longevity. They last 30 years.
- Roof Coatings Roof coatings help seal together any cracks on the roof to prevent damages like leaks from occurring.
- Commercial Roof Repair If your commercial roof could use some fixing up, our commercial roofing contractors are the people to call!
- Flat Roof Repair Flat roofs tend to need repairs as they get damaged from weather, water, and sun. The roofing membrane often comes loose and allows water to seep underneath.
- Roof Leak Repair All roofs face the threat of water damage from leaks, but commercial roofs are especially vulnerable. Storm damage often results in holes that allow leaks.
- Emergency Roofing Our commercial roofing contractors are available 24 hours a day for emergency roof repairs.
Spray foam roofing is a rather newer invention to the commercial roofing industry, but it is proven to be one of the most long lasting roofing systems to date. One application of a foam roof lasts 30 years, which is ten years longer than a single ply roof! You can help to extend your foam roof’s life even longer by getting an elastomeric roof coating applied on top to help prevent the foam from cracking, caving in, or getting any other damages over time. Extremely durable and lightweight, foam cannot hold a lot of weight, so it does get easily damaged by foot traffic. It is one of the best commercial roofing systems for energy efficiency, as its white foam material is highly reflective, making it a favorite among commercial roofing owners in hotter climates.
If you have a low slope commercial roof, getting a metal roof is highly recommended, as there are so many benefits that come with this roofing system. Metal is one of the longest-lasting roofing systems around, with lifespans ranging up to 80 years. It is also Energy Star certified thanks to its naturally highly reflective properties that make it so energy efficient. Your building and roof will be cooler with a metal roof, which results in lower energy bills! Metal can also resist wind, hail, fire, chemicals, fungi, and is completely waterproof! Call Direct Roofing Inc at (512) 900-4655 and we can send a commercial roofing contractor from our Lubbock, TX team out to repair or install your metal roof today. We carry commercial metal roofing systems like standing seam, steel, and corrugated metal.
Flat Roof Repair
Flat Roof Repair
Flat commercial roofs easily get damaged since they are completely exposed at all times unlike sloped roofs that provide a little more protection against the elements. The most common damages a flat roof gets are cracks, leaks, and sun aging. Leaks occur because rainwater will just sit on a flat roof instead of draining off the sides like it will with a sloped roof. Over time, the stagnant water will pool and start to seep through the roofing deck into the interior of the building, resulting in leaks. Sun damage and cracks occur thanks to the powerful forces of nature. Weather and the ultraviolet rays of the sun beat down on the flat roofing constantly, wearing down the seamless and protective membrane and causing the roof to age faster.
Instead of being made out of a water base like most other roof coatings, a silicone roof coating is made out of a silicone base. The chemical base allows the coating to be applied in any type of weather as opposed to water based-coatings. This is because water-based coatings have to be applied in strictly regulated temperatures and climates that are above 40 degrees Fahrenheit and have been for a certain number of days. This is to ensure that the water doesn’t freeze during application and affect the drying process. None of that is a problem with a silicone roof coating! The only downside to these roofing coatings are that they are much more slippery, so precaution is needed whenever someone walks on this type of roofing to avoid injuries.
The most versatile of all roof coating options is the elastomeric-based roof coating. Coming in four different options depending on what type of base and other ingredients are used, there is a version of the elastomeric roof coating that can fit every commercial roofing system. You will often find an elastomeric roof coating with a silicone base being used on top of a foam roof to keep the foam from cracking, or a butyl elastomeric roof coating over a flat built up roof. Elastomeric roof coatings have long been trusted by a commercial roofing contractor to protect commercial roofing systems.